Testing your Program
Once you have finished setting the details, adding the challenges, and customizing the look of your hunt you may want to test your program to see how it looks and works before launching it and making it available for your official participants. This guide will explain how to test your program before launching it.
Testing vs. Launching
Launching: Launching your program is the last step in the building process that makes your program available in the app for participants to begin joining.
Testing: Testing your program is done when you want to try the program in the app to see how everything looks and works before making it available to all of your participants. You may test each hunt once with up to 5 testers for a maximum of 3 days.
If you would like to test your program out in the app before launching your official program to all participants, simply enable Test Mode to see how everything looks and works in the app. Testing functions exactly how your official program will but is limited to up to 5 testers and a maximum of 3 days of testing. You can test the program in the app, including completing tasks and challenges. You can also view your program in the admin, including viewing the completed tasks by participants, leaderboard, photos, and everything else included in the admin functionality. This all works exactly how it will work once your official program is launched - just limited to 5 testers and 3 days of testing.
PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST LAUNCH YOUR PROGRAM IN THE ADMIN AND RESET YOUR OFFICIAL START AND END DATES WHEN YOU ARE FINISHED TESTING!
To test your program, simply:
- Go to your Admin Dash and click on the program you want to test.
- Click the "Test & Launch" tab from the step-by-step builder.
- Click the "Enable Testing" button.
- Review the instruction on the Test Mode preview page and click the "Start Testing" button.
- Your program is now in Test Mode and available for testing in the app!
- ONE test per program
- Up to 5 Testers
- Up to 3 days to complete testing
How Testers Join your Test Program
The process for testers to join your program is the same process that official participants will follow to join your official program. Steps for joining your program can be found here: https://www.scavify.com/participant-instructions
- You can continue making edits to your program while you are testing. Any changes that you make, including adding, editing, removing tasks and challenges, will be reflected in your official program once it is launched.
- Testers join your test program by downloading the Scavify app, creating an account, searching and joining your program - the same process that official participants will follow to join your program.
- You can only test once for up to 3 days with up to 5 testers max.
- Task scheduling is ignored so all tasks can be tested.
- You MUST LAUNCH your official program when you are finished testing to make it available for your official participants.
- A copy of your test hunt will be archived for your convenience so that you can reference it in the future. This will include all test activity and all tasks that were completed during the testing process.
- All testers and completed test content will be cleared from your official program after you exit Test Mode and Launch your program. This makes sure that your program is reset and ready for your official participants.
- Tasks with scheduling will operate normally.
Don't Forget to Launch
You must exit Test Mode and Launch your program after you are finished testing. Launching your program will prompt you to reset your official Start and End dates and times. Your program will NOT be available for your official participants until you exit Test Mode and Launch your program.
Exiting Test Mode and Launching
You must exit Test Mode and Launch your program in order for it to be available for your official participants.
To exit Test Mode and Launch, simply:
- Go to your Admin Dash and click on the program you are testing.
- Click the "Exit Test Mode" button at the top of your hunt details page or from the step-by-step builder.
- On the Exit Test Mode review page, Reset your Start and End Dates and Times.
- Click the "Launch" button.
Editing After Launch
Also, keep in mind that you will have the ability to make updates and edit your hunt after it is launched if you need to make changes to the general details of your hunt, the list of challenges, or the logos and banners. To edit your program do the following:
- Go to your Admin Dash and click on the program you want to edit.
- Click the "Edit Hunt" button at the top of the admin page for that program.
- Click the tab where you want to make changes and save.
Each step of the customization process is discussed in greater detail in each of the following guides: